Monday, January 10, 2011

Valentine's Day Wreath


Can you guess what this wreath is made of????

Cupcake liners! Yes, seriously.

I was online looking for Valentine's ideas and I came across an adorable blog-tater tots and jello- which had a tutorial for a wreath made of cupcake liners. I just had to make one! I went to Joann Fabrics and found a heart shaped foam wreath and I could not resist. I used a sheer pink ribbon to wrap the form, as well as for hanging. I also decided to hang a heart ornament in the center for a little extra pizazz!

 In case you're interested in making this wreath let me break it down for you.

1. Cupcake liners. I used paper liners that were pink with red hearts. (200 to be exact)
2.You need a foam wreath form...the shape is up to you.
3. Wrap the form in wide ribbon that coordinates with your cupcake liner color.
4. Pinch the sides of the liner together, side to side and top to bottom (looks like a "flower")
5.Hot glue the liner to the form. I did this in spaced out groups of 3/4 and then went back and filled the gaps.
6. Attatch the hanging ribbon with hot glue and add any embelishments.
7. Hang your wreath and let your friends and family oohh and ahhh over your creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment