Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentine Topiary

I've officially been bitten by the Valentine's decorating love bug!

 With all my favorite blogs being full of Valentines inspirations it's no surprise that my to-craft list has grown with each passing day.  This week I decided to attempt some of these ideas starting with a Valentine's inspired topiary. The instructions to make the felt rosette balls can be found HERE. I purchased the base ( a red flower pot), pins, foam insert ( for stabilization), and the foam ball, as well as the pink/red felt at my local Wal Mart.


I used the inner circle of a roll of masking tape as my guide to trace the circles. Then I used my fabric scissors to cut them out and got to sticking. Here's a shot of the project 3/4 of the way done.


This was a very easy  project and came together quickly. Once the foam ball was covered I painted the wooden dowel pink. Then I inserted it into the foam insert I had placed into the pot. I adjusted it to the height I wanted and then covered the foam in sparkly basket fill. This is the end result.


LOVE how it turned out and have become a topiary junkie. I already have ideas for St. Patrick's Day and Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment