Friday, April 15, 2011

Decoupage Map Trash Can

The kids bath has a map theme and the boring white plastic trash can was really getting on my nerves. Since we now live in the DMV area I thought covering the trash can with a map of D.C would be fun.  I'd never worked with decoupage before so this is my inaugural project!



Here's what you need...

I cut out specific landmarks such as the national monuments that I wanted to be clearly displayed and adhered them first...


The next step is sort of like doing a puzzle where you actually cut the peices to fit. The "Roseanne" puzzle. If you never saw that episode it's a hoot!



Here is the final product after filling in all the gaps and giving it three coats of decoupage...

**Tip- Inbetween coats of decoupage, wrap your paint brush in plastic wrap. This will prevent the glue from drying and the brush from getting hard.**

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, I love how it turned out. One day when I have extra time(haha) I will have to do this for our schoolroom, thank you for inspiring me.

    Hope you are having a great week,
    Cha Cha

    ReplyDelete